Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The little things

As one of my New Year's Not-Really-Resolutions-But-More-Like-Things-I-Want-To-Do-More, I decided I was going to stop being a complainer.

Yes, you read it right my dears, I am a complainer. I always have a beef with something. Or someone. Usually many someones.

But I am so very, very blessed, and I know this, and so I decided I really need to redirect my energies and focus on those good things I've got going.

Most nights, this comes into play when I have struggled through another day at the bee hive, rushed home to spend some time with H, gotten him down to sleep, and am running around loading laundry, cleaning bottles, picking up toys, and making dinner before W comes home. I'm stressed, I'm tired, and I'm wondering when I actually get to live. You know, instead of just getting through the day.

So I make myself stop for 5 miliseconds. I think about those things I have that make me so very lucky. Usually, my mind goes right to W & H. Those boys are the best ever and I don't know how the universe paired crazy, complaining me with those angels.

Other times, I think about my great parents, my hilarious friends, my health, the roof over our heads.

Last night, my eyes drifted over to the kitchen island. And I suddenly had my "Life is good" moment:

Oh. Hell. Yes. Irish potatos are delish. They are divine. They mean spring. Instant smile! If you live in a sad part of the world where these are not available every March, I am sorry. I have a recipe if you need it. And you do need it.

2 comments:

  1. I love Irish Potatoes & I too am a complainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's got me thinking! Greetings from a complainer in Italy -- Louise.

    ReplyDelete