Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sooooooo big!

Well compared with an 8 lb newborn, that is. We went to visit a friend's new lil one this past weekend and I was shocked to see how tiny she was next to my big boy. I cannot believe H was ever that small. How can so much change in seven short months? How is my little guy seven months already?

Aside from just being larger in size, H is hoping over milestones like he's playing hopscotch. He hugs now. Strangely, very tightly when he's naked (I don't know, don't ask!). He kisses, too. There's more drool than lip, but he'll grab your face and plant one on ya with gusto.

He's also taken to some serious babbling. Dadadadadada, babababababa, nonononono, yeayeayeayeayea, mamamamama. Yea, mama is the least popular of the blurbs, but it's ok. He's also currently in the "Mama Or No One" phase, so it all balances out.

Crawling is also just days/weeks away, me thinks. He's really into getting on all fours now, but he just hangs there, looking around. Then he rocks a bit, then lets his legs slowly slide backwards until he's doing the Cobra pose. He knows what to do, it seems, he's just working up the strength to go for it. He can take his sweet time I've decided....one more day immobile is one more day without an ugly toilet seat lock in the powder room.

2 comments:

  1. I find it amazing how much they grow & change on a daily basis :) WOO HOO for mamamama even being in the mix of words babbled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how fast they grow. Soon he'll be 5 playing soccer & getting ready for kindergarten. (oh crap that's me right now, ahhh)

    ReplyDelete