Monday, March 22, 2010

Thankful

I am not a very emotional person. I didn't cry on my wedding day. I didn't cry when H was born. I was happy, elated, all that good stuff. But it takes a lot to really get me phased. Being able to roll with the punches has served me well in life and helped me get through a number of both sad and fabulous occasions. But it also makes those stomach-punch days so much more crippling.

This past week, for some reason, the emotions have gotten the best of me. I don't know what has triggered it ... perhaps the highs and lows all at once are just more than any girl can really handle. A dear friend welcomed a little girl into the world, days later another lost her's 22 weeks into pregnancy. My hubby sends me a silly email reminding me how amazing he is and then I read a blog post about a 23-year-old loosing her husband in the war. It's up and down and it just gets me. It makes me nauseated. It makes me wonder how things like this can happen. How can I be so lucky and such wonderful people be dealt news like that? What would I do if the next time, it was me?

I know all I can do it be thankful for what I have been blessed with. Hug and H every night and thank God he's healthy and happy. Kiss W each morning and not take a second of our marriage for granted. The "what ifs" get you no where. But it's impossible not to fall victim to them.

Say a little prayer. Be thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Great post and an even better reminder- life is short, appreciate all you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments on my SITS FB Day!
    Betty x

    ReplyDelete