Saturday, April 3, 2010

Preppy Mafia Share-A-Thon


So the lovely Mrs. Bro tagged me, and in turn, here is the dirt on yours truly.

1. Who is your Style Icon?


Seriously, Reese can do no wrong. Always lovely, always pulled together. Mom, actress, activist, and yet she always looks like she's got a stylist in her back pocket. Love.

2. What is your favorite Socialite Lit. Book?


Mrs Bro, I'm with you with the classics. The new stuff may have humor, but Emily has poise. Randomly, my hubs had a copy of this at his condo when we were dating (he claims it was his aunt's....) and I actually referred to it whilst wedding planning. Gal knows her stuff.

3. Favorite party theme?


For nearly any event, I love me a black and white gala. So classic and so hip at the same time. The possibilities are endless. Note: I will sadly NOT be using this for H's first birthday festivities. When it comes to the kiddos, I get a little more colorful. :)

4. Go-to Halloween costume


Don't you just lurve the crinoline? OK, so perhaps not this exact version, but I have pulled out some form of the cop at least four times in the past few years. Any excuse to break out my handcuffs. ;)

5. Extravagance you can't live without.

Out at the club and sippin that bub....oh, how I love thee, champagne.

6. Living person you admire.

My grandparents. What they do for their children (and grandchildren) is such an example to our whole family. Love them to pieces.

7. Greatest Fear?

OMG, I actually did a Google Image search for this, and nearly had a heart attack when the results came up. What the F was I thinking??? Ok, so it's fish. I know, lame. But seriously. The freak me out. Especially the freaky exotic ones with teeth and like tentacles and stuff. Ughhhhh.

8. Traits you deplore in yourself.

I'm never happy. I mean, sure, I'm happy as in the mood. But I'm never satisfied. I cannot achieve my on standards. I always think I'm lagging behind and need to get in gear. And in turn, I take on waaaaay too much and am surprised when I simply cannot handle it all. Vicious cycle.

9. What talent would you most like to have?

I love to sing. I sing like a drunken karaoke wannabe with laryngitis. Unless you ask H. H thinks my voice is as sweet as marionberry pie. One of the reasons I love the kid.

10. What is your greatest achievement?
Being where I am today. And in some respects (see above), I feel like I should have some shiny award on a shelf to brag about. But I have everything my childhood self could have dreamed of and more, and honestly, what more do I need? I have an amazing husband, the most darling little son ever, great fam and friends, a roof, a job, etc. I'm blessed and I think the greatest achievement is being here and not yet having messed it all up!

OK, need to forward this puppy along. Mrs. Trophy Wife, CannonBall, Mrs H, Ro, and Mitzi ... it's go time!

No comments:

Post a Comment