Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bad news, bears

It's a no-go on the work schedule. No reasons. No explination. No justifcation as to why one of my coworkers can have it but I can't. Just a no.

I'm furious and broken at the same time. I have no options and am not sure what on earth to do. I know, having to work a normal schedule like the rest of the world isn't a death sentence, but it's not what I want. It's not fair to H. And it's about him now.

Do I just suck it up, ruin his schedule, never see him other than to place him in his crib and turn out the light? Do I try to look for a new job in this economy, knowing that it's slim pickings and that while I spend hours trying to find something, I'll still be working that crap schedule?

He's home sick as can be right now because of some nastiness his got at day care. He's already there 11 hours of day between my work schedule and commuting. I feel like a horrible mother and now I need to make it even worse.

I wish it were 1960 and I could just pour a few fingers of whiskey and ponder this issue like Don Draper. Or just quit and stay home like nearly every female on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment