Monday, February 22, 2010

6 months!

Eeeeek! My little guy is six months today. Half a year in the blink of an eye. Next time I turn around he's going to be donning a construction-paper cap for pre-school graduation, speeding off on a two-wheeler, or ::gasp:: getting behind the wheel of a car. Be still my heart.

H had his well-baby check-up on Friday and while I think he's fabulous and brilliant and dashing, according to the growth charts he's pretty darn average. Just a scootch shy of 17 lbs. and a mighty 2 feet, 2/5 inches tall. He also took his immunizations like a man, cause he rolls like that.

I honestly am having a hard time grasping the fact that he's on his way to his first birthday. Despite many hard days and countless sleepless nights that seemed to drag on for eternity, the past six months have flown by. As he was practicing his pulling up and "walking" this weekend, I looked at him and had the hardest time remembering when he was tiny and just a little bundle in my arms. I want to remember it all, but I guess the mind only holds on to so much. Thank goodness for the 636372-odd photos I have taken of him since day one. :)

So Happy Half Birthday my sweet boy. Don't grow up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday that we were planning weddings, buying condos, etc. How can you have a 6 month old, and me be ready to have an infant? Craziness I tell you.

    ReplyDelete